1. Be a camp member. Get a login and password from Alison.
2. Log in at http://www.bloodymaryland.org/wp-admin/
3. Go to Write –> Write Post
Simple newbie posting and editing instructions:
a) Type a Page Title
b) Choose some categories from the checkboxes to the right of the screen.
c) Write in the “Visual” box. You can use the editor buttons to bold, italicize, add lists, and add images.
Click “Save and Continue Editing” to save without publishing.
d) Preview your post — this isn’t 100% accurate, but it will give you an idea of what it looks like. The preview link should appear to the upper right when you have saved the post at least once.
e) Click Publish
f) To edit a post, you will have to go to the Manage –> Posts area and then follow the same steps, though this time you only have to click Save, as your post has already been published.
- To upload an image before posting, use the “Upload” box at the bottom of the screen.
- You’re not going to break anything. Play around.
- Save often.
- You can make a single line return with the keystroke SHIFT (hold down) + ENTER
- Once you get good at this, ask to be upgraded to an “editor” so you can modify pages as well
- Alternately, once you are logged in, you can go to the actual blog and you should see “edit this” next to things you can edit.
- You don’t need to do anything with all the other options on the page. The default settings are fine.
- The fancy popups with the images are done with the lightbox plugin. You will have to go into the code to make it work. Sample code <a href=”http://www.website.com/littleimage.gif” rel=”lightbox”><img src=”http://www.website.com/bigimage.gif” border=”0″></a>